JOB SUMMARY: A connected teams where the dentist is in a dental office or clinic and allied dental personnel are in community locations. The Dental Coordinator assists the Registered Dental Hygienist and Dental Assistant in many aspects of care coordination in community settings such as schools, preschools, rural community full time, non-exempt position. The Dental Coordinator works in geographically distributed, telehealth-unities, and residential facilities, community agencies in general.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Two (2) years of experience in community clinic setting preferred
• Ability to attend to multiple tasks at the same time and prioritize assignments or responsibilities to ensure compliance.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Bilingual Spanish preferred.
• Knowledge of dental terminology and treatments
• Knowledge of general office methods, including electronic health or dental record
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
• Knowledge about enrolling patients in health plans in the county preferred, but not required
• Ability to complete work assigned with limited supervision
• Ability to write accurate and clear documentation
• Ability to apply patient management and time management skills
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
Sample Job Description
Page 2 of 3
• Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
• Ability to plan and be organized.
• Ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be flexible and cooperative.
• Ability to be self-motivated and independently productive.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and Company records.
• Ability to work effectively with both employees and managers.
• Ability to convey a positive and professional image.
• Demonstrated proficiency in various PC applications, including E-mail, Microsoft Excel, and Word.
• Required to know, follow and enforce safe work practices, and be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations.
• Reliable transportation, automobile insurance, and a current CA Driver License.